POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Associate Director
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
Organizational Overview: DonorsChoose.org is a simple way to fulfill needs and foster innovation in public schools. At this nonprofit website, public school teachers submit their best ideas for materials and experiences that their students need to learn—everything from a classroom library, to basketballs, to a field trip to the zoo.
Any individual can search by areas of interest, learn about classroom needs, and fund the projects they find most compelling. All donors then hear back from the classrooms they chose to help.
Since its inception, citizen philanthropists from 50 states and 10 countries have funded more than 88,000 classroom projects at DonorsChoose.org, channeling over $35 million of resources to students in low-income communities. Recognition of DonorsChoose.org includes the Nonprofit Innovation Award given by Stanford Business School and Amazon.com; the Fast Company Social Capitalist Award; a Global Technology Laureate from the TECH Museum of Innovation; and selection by Ashoka. Major supporters include eBay founder Pierre Omidyar, Yahoo! co-founder David Filo, venture capitalist Vinod Khosla, and Netflix founder Reed Hastings.
Position Overview: The West Region Associate Director will take an active role in expanding DonorsChoose.org across a 14-state region. S/he is responsible for cultivating new and existing individual, corporate, and foundation supporters, as well as developing and executing strategies for district outreach and teacher engagement. Reporting directly to the West Region Vice President, the Associate Director position is a unique opportunity to be a part of an innovative, fun, high-profile, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the face of philanthropy and the lives of students from low income families
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· In partnership with the Vice President, develop and implement a regional strategy for engaging corporate and foundation partners through DonorsChoose.org managed giving programs
· Prospect, cultivate, execute, and evaluate corporate partnerships to score branded marketing campaigns ensuring the highest levels of customer service
· Identify, cultivate and solicit high net worth individual donors via in-person meetings and/or events
· Independently structure, analyze and manipulate DonorsChoose.org data for grants, media requests, board meetings, etc.
· Continuously track all contacts, leads, notes, and funding opportunities in our CRM database, SalesForce.com
· Collaborate across regional and national teams to share best practices and inform the systems andprocesses that will influence the future of DonorsChoose.org
· 3 – 6 years of fundraising, marketing, sales and/or management experience with demonstrated success reaching or exceeding aggressive goals; familiarity with the philanthropic landscape in Seattle and San Francisco is strongly preferred
· Team player with a strong passion for the mission and vision of DonorsChoose.org
· Comfortable with a wide range of tasks ranging from strategic planning to tactical execution and implementation
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong customer-service orientation
· Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
· Desire to work in a fast-paced, startup-like environment with aggressive growth plans
· Some travel (up to 30%) is required
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
DonorsChoose.org offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits, which include health, dental, and vision coverage; a non-contributing 401K plan; and 5 weeks paid vacation plus national holidays.
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format and addressed to Carolina Martin at http://jobs.cgcareers.org/application.aspx?id=1453 . Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
DonorsChoose.org is an equal opportunity employer committed to
identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.