This past Wednesday, Charles and I presented DonorsChoose.org to a receptive and engaged audience at Google’s headquarters in Mountain View, CA. It was a lot of fun and we’re appreciative of our friends at Google for hosting our visit!
Google has posted the “TechTalk” on YouTube. The talk was about 45 minutes followed by 10 minutes of Q&A.
If you want to skip right to a specific portion of the talk, here is a time-stamped table of contents:
* Overview and introductory remarks [00:22]
* Demos of website functionality [04:55]– making a donation– zooming in on classroom project details– choosing a project– impact statistics [11:25]– thank-you packet
* How it works behind-the-scenes [15:25]
* “Business model” and marketing programs [21:00]– Blogger Challenge and other Challenge applications– gift certificates [31:55]– project notification and syndication feeds
* Technology topics [37:05]– handling big spikes in traffic– support received from the tech community
* Closing remarks [41:50]
* Q&A [43:45]
——————————-Subscribe to our blog via email or RSS.